Shinobi Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Naruto based rp board, currently under construction

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Basic RP rules
Characters MIA! Empty10th January 2012, 10:25 pm by Anrui暗涙
Basic RP rules

During roleplay it is important to exercise etiquette and respect for your fellow roleplayers roleplaying as well as patience. However there are certain guidelines in place that ensure that everything is fun but most importantly fair as fair play breeds fun when it comes to RP as well as easy.
God-modding, metagaming, auto-hitting and character control are not allowed and can be …

Comments: 0
Basic Forum Rules
Characters MIA! Empty16th November 2011, 1:02 am by Anrui暗涙
Please follow these basic rules as they will be enforced, some loosely some strictly.

1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning

2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and …

Comments: 1
Poll
Latest topics
» Another jutsu list.
Characters MIA! Empty1st April 2012, 8:58 pm by Cyphrian Gavril

» Style Template
Characters MIA! Empty18th March 2012, 8:20 pm by Anrui暗涙

» Human Puppets
Characters MIA! Empty13th March 2012, 12:29 am by Anrui暗涙

» In game Weather
Characters MIA! Empty7th March 2012, 12:00 am by Anrui暗涙

» Tick Tock, There Goes The Clock
Characters MIA! Empty6th March 2012, 11:14 pm by Anrui暗涙

» Mission Creation
Characters MIA! Empty2nd March 2012, 8:01 pm by Anrui暗涙

» Old money systems
Characters MIA! Empty2nd March 2012, 6:30 pm by Anrui暗涙

» Check list2.0
Characters MIA! Empty2nd March 2012, 6:06 pm by Hinotsuki

» Rough Item List WIP
Characters MIA! Empty2nd February 2012, 10:02 am by Seisho

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Anrui暗涙
Characters MIA! I_vote_lcapCharacters MIA! I_voting_barCharacters MIA! I_vote_rcap 
Hinotsuki
Characters MIA! I_vote_lcapCharacters MIA! I_voting_barCharacters MIA! I_vote_rcap 
Hoshua"TheForever"Hoo
Cyphrian Gavril
Most active topics
Specialties Revealed!
Test for alt stats
Old money systems
Traveling.
~Raw Jutsus!~
Characters MIA!
Ninjutsu core basics
Another jutsu list.
Example for the Stats
Trainings posts and Stats
Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is enrihen

Our users have posted a total of 208 messages in 41 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Characters MIA!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anrui暗涙
Admin
Anrui暗涙

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 11:11 am

Regarding characters who may be inactive, meaning the player goes inactive from the forum, I propose that a guideline be followed in order to ensure that rp is not frozen in time and space until the character's return, thus keeping others from participating as well in the roleplaying.

First off, I will define the meaning of inactivity as pertaining to the standards of this forum. That definition being that, one is to be considered active after 3 days of no activity (meaning no posting).

For those who are inactive for more than 3 days, depending on the circumstances (I will assume that they are abruptly inactive with little to no warning), a mod, admin (or likely someone designated by the mod/admin who can do a better job perhaps), will temporarily take control of the character and skillfully remove them from the action in a way that does not interfere with rp and makes sense within rp. The original player of the character will be informed if this is to happen and be told all that happened to the character.

However, if someone knows that they will be missing roleplay, they should create a post (there will be a designated area for this in the forums) and alert others, especially those they are roleplaying with as well as of course a mod or admin about their future absence.

There may or may not be penalties involved for being inactive during roleplay, perhaps a decrease in skill points, or stats to reflect that your character is not actively doing any work? Or, most importantly, docked pay! Villages generally pay shinobi a certain amount a week for upkeep and so forth (Got to pay the military), and of course bonuses for certain missions and such, however being inactive could decrease your shinobi's pay perhaps and lets not forget taxes as well, so being inactive for too long could possibly render your character dirt broke and their skills unpolished and weakened. Think, if you play a sport very well and you do not practice your skills in a while, your skills diminish and atrophy with time, therefore when you do play, you are 'rusty', unpolished, and cannot do what you used to do as well. Most of the time, this results in losses in the sport or game.

Reasons for inactivity should be taken into consideration, for example, if you were in the hospital because your tonsils had to be removed, then the punishment should not be THAT harsh, since it could not necessarily be avoided, like, just not wanting to participate. Making at least one post a day is not that difficult, even if you are busy.

Personally, I believe that inactivity during rp should be after 24 hours of not posting or so, but 72 hours is good and roomy for those with busy lives, plus everyone's lives can become very hectic at times so I think 3 days is sufficient.
Back to top Go down
https://shinobichron.rpg-board.net
Hinotsuki
Admin
Hinotsuki

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 4:25 pm

what is with the LAZY people!? As if YOU would post every day?
Back to top Go down
Anrui暗涙
Admin
Anrui暗涙

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 5:06 pm

Well, in roleplay, I will try my very best to post when in an rp situation or something, I mean, that is important, and it only takes a few minutes or so to post something to contribute to the rp.
Back to top Go down
Hinotsuki
Admin
Hinotsuki

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 5:07 pm

And what if you simply get no idea? Such a thing is stress to me then ideas simply do not appear.
Back to top Go down
Anrui暗涙
Admin
Anrui暗涙

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 5:27 pm

What point are you making?
Back to top Go down
Hinotsuki
Admin
Hinotsuki

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 5:29 pm

That you kinda force people to post with this. You shouldn't make it a strict rule.Sure if a person doesnot post within three days then others are allowed to post and keep the game alive. But this..punishment thing is kinda mean.

It would be discouraging
Back to top Go down
Anrui暗涙
Admin
Anrui暗涙

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 5:54 pm

I guess you are right about the punishment, and it would be discouraging, provided that each player will have 3 or more characters...

What do you suppose be done, if anything?
Back to top Go down
Hinotsuki
Admin
Hinotsuki

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 7:52 pm

Well..i don't want to harsh..punishment..but if they have a rnak within an organisation or a village then it could be that they get worse missions for not helping the village!

Or no mission at all.Or the kage acts like..the ninja was sick thus is like"take holidays"

I would rather want it to..connect it with rp so no one is left out,so people know "if i say that i go,i won't be punished my character will not die" and"if i accidently do vanish my character won't starve instantly "

We simply move them out of the way if needed,without killing and then help to join in,this is better then making them unable to rejoin and punishing them. Everyone will face writers block or some strange situations
Back to top Go down
Anrui暗涙
Admin
Anrui暗涙

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty3rd December 2011, 9:03 pm

Well, I do not mean that your character will die or starve to death while you are gone. This is not some Tamagatchi pet thingy lol.

I mean more like, while the character is not active in rp, that they are essentially doing nothing, more or less...and yes, there will be in rp excuses for character absences, such as, like you said, taking some days off, or being sick. However, during this time, perhaps the character did not do any training or anything of that sort, so they may have a harder time with training when they get back, or be a bit rusty in battle, meaning more mistakes.

If you are an employer (meaning, the Kage) and a worker(shinobi) of yours is unreliable with work and showing up for work and such, and does not do much to even help the company (village), why would you spend your limited amount of money to pay them, when you could save that money to make your company more profitable, or even hire someone better to do the job?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Characters MIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters MIA!   Characters MIA! Empty

Back to top Go down

Characters MIA!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinobi Chronicles :: Administration Center :: Suggestions and Discussions :: Stats and other core elements-
Jump to: