Shinobi Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Naruto based rp board, currently under construction

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Basic RP rules
The Essentials Empty10th January 2012, 10:25 pm by Anrui暗涙
Basic RP rules

During roleplay it is important to exercise etiquette and respect for your fellow roleplayers roleplaying as well as patience. However there are certain guidelines in place that ensure that everything is fun but most importantly fair as fair play breeds fun when it comes to RP as well as easy.
God-modding, metagaming, auto-hitting and character control are not allowed and can be …

Comments: 0
Basic Forum Rules
The Essentials Empty16th November 2011, 1:02 am by Anrui暗涙
Please follow these basic rules as they will be enforced, some loosely some strictly.

1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning

2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and …

Comments: 1
Poll
Latest topics
» Another jutsu list.
The Essentials Empty1st April 2012, 8:58 pm by Cyphrian Gavril

» Style Template
The Essentials Empty18th March 2012, 8:20 pm by Anrui暗涙

» Human Puppets
The Essentials Empty13th March 2012, 12:29 am by Anrui暗涙

» In game Weather
The Essentials Empty7th March 2012, 12:00 am by Anrui暗涙

» Tick Tock, There Goes The Clock
The Essentials Empty6th March 2012, 11:14 pm by Anrui暗涙

» Mission Creation
The Essentials Empty2nd March 2012, 8:01 pm by Anrui暗涙

» Old money systems
The Essentials Empty2nd March 2012, 6:30 pm by Anrui暗涙

» Check list2.0
The Essentials Empty2nd March 2012, 6:06 pm by Hinotsuki

» Rough Item List WIP
The Essentials Empty2nd February 2012, 10:02 am by Seisho

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Anrui暗涙
The Essentials I_vote_lcapThe Essentials I_voting_barThe Essentials I_vote_rcap 
Hinotsuki
Hoshua"TheForever"Hoo
Cyphrian Gavril
Most active topics
Specialties Revealed!
Test for alt stats
Old money systems
Traveling.
~Raw Jutsus!~
Characters MIA!
Ninjutsu core basics
Another jutsu list.
Example for the Stats
Trainings posts and Stats
Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is enrihen

Our users have posted a total of 208 messages in 41 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

The Essentials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anrui暗涙
Admin
Anrui暗涙

The Essentials Empty
PostSubject: The Essentials   The Essentials Empty27th November 2011, 10:35 am

In order to survive and perform at optimum levels, we as humans need 3 basic elements that are essential to our daily life and survival in general. Food, water, and rest. I will detail these 3 elements in order to provide a better understanding of their importance to roleplay on this particular site, on which, we seek to provide a stable, wholesome, and more or less, realistic roleplaying experience.

Food

Food is a need for all of life as every living thing needs nourishment and important nutrients in order to carry out any and all tasks for survival, even at a cellular level. A shinobi, like all living things, must eat.

According to this article in particular, Survival Without Food, without water, one can survive without water for 3-5 days, depending on the person's health, genes, metabolism, the environment and the person's state of mind. Therefore, ti can vary greatly, as explained in this article, which is from a prominent magazine dedicated to science, The Science of Starvation.

On this forum however, I suggest the parameters be linked to weight mainly, however body fat is actually a more precise thing, but I do not plan to make it too drastic. Ideas are welcome as always. However, a system for this may prove more troublesome perhaps.

Therefore, I say we list the negative effects of going a certain amount of time without food, such as stamina loss, perhaps even lowered chakra levels, and even special traits, such as being grumpy and irritable, or being physically weak. Effects that will impact stats negatively as well as effect rp itself. Without sleep, people change completely, making more mistakes and behaving in a difficult manner that may, or may not be unlike themselves.

Water

Water is a very important substance and going without water can be even more devastating than going without food. Death through dessication can occur extremely quickly if combined with physical assertion, or heat (Most notably, Scorch Release), death can come in a matter of hours, or in terms of Scorch Release, moments. A person in in weather that is not very hot would lose moisture slower, and thus, can survive longer, being about 3-5 days before succumbing to dehydration. As with food, survival without water varies.

Rest

Sleep, a vital function for life, allows the brain to repair itself and the body. We are actually more active during sleep than we are awake, although, subconsciously. Going without sleep for long periods of time, will not directly kill you , but eventually, it can cause death of course. Most of the time our brain's will put us out before that happens. In general, the world record for going without sleep is about 11 days, and in general one can go 8-10 days.

Going without sleep can change people completely, until they get sleep. From disorientation to hallucinations, going without sleep can have horrible effects on both the body and mind, including negatively impacting performance. The following articles provide very detailed, expert analysis on the subject: The Dangers of Going Without Sleep, All About Sleep.

On this forum, one without sleep for at least a day will begin to experience increasingly negative effects such as lowered stamina, apathy, even mental instability and hallucinations.

At the moment, I have not thought much on the details of any of this and I would like help in this, I simply layout the ground work for now.
Back to top Go down
https://shinobichron.rpg-board.net
Hinotsuki
Admin
Hinotsuki

The Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Essentials   The Essentials Empty29th November 2011, 5:11 am

Like i said on MSN. Which you SURELY FORGOT AGAIN
Do not make some stupid system for that, i will not make ANOTHER system. Link it to the Stamina loss. State what kind of side effects will appear and what kind of TRAITS might appear. Remember WE SPOKE about it ON MSN. But you are always wanting FEEDBACK HERE ALTHOUGH I GAVE IT OVER MSN! DIRECTLY;TO YOU!

Also Remember our Trait idea,some traits that temporary appear might become permanent.Liek lack of sleep might make you sick and you get insomnia. This will add a bit to RP
This is what you personally said.
Back to top Go down
Anrui暗涙
Admin
Anrui暗涙

The Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Essentials   The Essentials Empty29th November 2011, 5:20 am

Once again, I am sorry >.<; I just often loose track of things, due to school and all that I have to do day by day.

Yes, let's link it to traits instead of creating an entirely new system, but how can we effectively link it to traits? I mean, they should get worse over time, and how long can someone go before starting to suffer from effects of being hungry, thirsty or tired?
Back to top Go down
Hinotsuki
Admin
Hinotsuki

The Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Essentials   The Essentials Empty29th November 2011, 5:23 am

Well the rper plays the traits,it is always up to them. Some ply it worse then others. XD
However I would say we make them state the reason why their levels are so low. Like you have Stamina ..only 20% left..cause you fought much and now you are exhausted and you still go on. If oyu are going over a certain limit,over and over again..like 10 or 20 % then it will of course effect your body and cause traits.
Back to top Go down
Anrui暗涙
Admin
Anrui暗涙

The Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Essentials   The Essentials Empty29th November 2011, 5:35 am

Indeed, you may develop insomnia or fatigue, maybe fatigue can lower your total stamina cap for a while, maybe until you rest, then don't use too much stamina for a certain time.

Yes, I like this idea to incorporate traits into this, it gives them even more meaning to rp, using them for special effects and such, for example, if you are spun around, you may end up with a dizziness trait. It is kind of like most other rpg's, with effects like poisoned, or dizziness. However, traits are kind of more varied as in character creation, the player can set traits for the character that well...make the character human. Example, a character with glasses (wears glasses too) may be initially set, by the person who creates the character to have a trait called Four-Eyes, meaning that the character cannot see very well without the glasses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Essentials   The Essentials Empty

Back to top Go down

The Essentials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinobi Chronicles :: Administration Center :: Suggestions and Discussions :: RPing basics (non battle rp)-
Jump to: